Certification in Europe
The Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) program is an accrediting process for individuals with the specialized skills required to detect, investigate and deter insurance fraud. The program has a high standard for admission and testing which includes adherence to IASIU's code of ethics, and a demonstrated competency through mandatory continuing professional education.
Why become a certified insurance fraud investigator? The reasons are numerous, but here are a few:
It gives the individual professional recognition in their field.
- It adds to the individual's qualifications needed for expert court testimony.
- It can be used as an advertising/marketing tool for insurance company SIU's.
- It ensures consistent high standards throughout the industry.
- It provides highly qualified individuals to investigate suspected insurance fraud.
- It inspires public confidence in the integrity, objectivity and professionalism of insurance investigators.